Not even going to ask why.
But here’s how to Clear Facebook Search History on different devices.
Deleting Facebook Search History on Desktop
Do it on the desktop:
- Click on the Facebook Search bar.
- Click on the Edit option in the top-right corner of the Facebook Search bar.
Alternatively, you can go to your timeline page and click View Activity Log. Then click More (below Comments) and choose Search from the list.
- Once you’re on the search history page, you can delete individual search queries.
- To delete a search, click the edit button next to lock. Click Delete.
- A delete confirmation dialog box will appear. Click Remove Search.
- To delete all the searches at once, look for Clear Searches option on the top of the page.
Note: Once deleted, you won’t be able to get back your search history.
Deleting the searches from the activity log will also remove them from everywhere else they appear. For example, this will also erase the Facebook search bar’s recent searches drop-down list after you delete the names from here.
Delete Facebook Search history from your smartphone:
- On your phone, open the Facebook app.
- Now swipe and go to the section with three horizontal lines.
- Scroll down till you find the Activity Log on the list. Tap Activity Log.
- Tap Filter on the Activity Log screen.
- Scroll down the list and look for Search. Tap Search.
- Now, your Facebook Search history will be displayed in front of you.
- To remove a search, tap the cross button for the search. Then, tap Remove.
- To delete your Facebook Search history in a single go, tap Clear Searches on the top. Tap confirm on the next screen.
Clearing Facebook Search History on Android Device
Assuming that you already have the Facebook app available on your Android phone, and the phone has an active Internet connection, here is how you can clear your Facebook search history from your smartphone:
- Power on your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to Menu screen.
- Locate and tap the Facebook app.
- Once opened, on the log in window, enter your credentials and tap the Log In button to sign-in to your account.
- After you are logged in, from the News Feed interface, tap the search icon (magnifying glass icon) present at top of the interface.
- On the opened RECENTLY SEARCHED window, tap the EDIT icon (icon with the gear symbol) at top-right corner.
- On the Activity Log window that opens up next, locate and tap the Clear Searches option.
- On the Clear Searches window, tap the Confirm button to clear the recent search history of your Facebook account.